"Kalau adik, malas lagi: malas bangun pagi..."
Lying in bed just now, the lyrics above came to my mind for no reason. Googled it up and found out that the song's name was "Lompat si Katak Lompat". It's a children song that teaches good values such as, obviously , waking up early and forcing frogs to leap.
As a child, my brother and I used to put the record on play. Yes, we used vinyl records aka piring hitam. I remember there's a cupboard full of vinyls, mostly filled with weird, unknown(to me) artists but one of them was a vinyl containing children's songs such as the above and others. Here are snippets of what I can recall from memory.
Pak mamat ada kebun, A malay version of Old Macdonald
iyai-iyai-o I know it's written A-E-I-O-U, but trust me, my misheard lyrics is better
Bangau oh bangau, kenapa engkau kurus,
Macam mana aku tak kurus, ikan tak mau timbul.
Ikan tak mau timbul. Selfish fishes!
Langkah kiri kanan, langkah kiri kanan;
perlahan-perlahan.
Langkah kanan kiri, langkah kanan kiri;
sambil menari(menyanyi?)
Suwa suwei good morning, Have no idea what the real lyrics are
Lalala, lalalala.
Can't say I've learnt a lot from these songs but they sure did taught me about rhymes. We played the songs countless times, until the needle on the player broke, I think. Sure beats kindergarten.
Oh, the vinyls also taught me how the ecosystems work (bangau oh bangau).
I wonder in 100 years from now, how would the people reminisce about their childhood.
"I remember that we had an Ipad, you know, the one where you have to touch the screen in order it to do anything, not like those holograms today where you just say what you like. Those days... *sigh* They had apps, and this app that I played as a child, can make animals sounds when I touch their pictures. And I also remember..."
Wonder if it's anything remotely as that.
I doubt it tho. Technology nowadays were not built to last.
Thanks for reading, and Eid Mubarak everyone!
Wah.. Piring hitam? Saya x pernah lihat depan mata lg.
ReplyDelete