Blog Archive

Monday, May 28, 2012

I'll always like…sandals. Or shoes?

One of the best things that I have discovered about summer here, is that it gives me the opportunity to wear these.

Sandals.
They are so comfortable and EASY compared to fully covered shoes. Wearing sandals also feels quite cool, figuratively speaking, too. It was never always this way though.

When I was a kid, wearing sneakers and shoes was THE thing. I remember when Hari raya came and the whole big family of kids, including my cousins, would wear shoes and sneakers, complete with socks. Which was silly actually since it's very hot and sneakers, especially the one without Velcro, are hard to put on and off. An annoyance when visiting during Hari raya.

But now look what have happened. I never would have thought that one day, the coolness of shoes would be defeated by the comfort of sandals. Which made me think, that nothing in life, especially things that you have strong fondness/dislike would always feel the same to you.

Things change.
People change.
Our preferences change.
but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy and appreciate what we have and like, right now. 'Wear' whatever you like and don't let trend prevent you from doing so.

Thank you for reading.

2 comments:

  1. u mean we can't*?

    I like shoes, and I like having lotsa em ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. can we fix it?
    yes we can!

    *typo corrected* thank you

    ReplyDelete