Blog Archive

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Tropa de Elite. Film

I should be writing my practical report but I got fed-up so, what would a procrastinating guy do? He'll blog about it. I'm sure once or twice, I've read the same intro in any blog. Betcha do it too, aite?

Reports aside, there's a film that I watched with my friends recently, that I think worth mentioning. I don't normally review/mention films because I think IMDB is more than enough but since this film is not in English, I'm positive you readers won't probably watch it. My friend Akmal recommended it, so thanks to him for the entertainment.

The movie is from Brasil and the title is Tropa de Elite. Actually there are two movies, with its sequel Tropa de Elite 2 - O Inimigo Agora É Outro(Enemy within). Content wise however, I think the writer wrote for a single movie. The movie is about the elite force in Brasil, which normally is called when the normal police force just doesn't cut it. Kinda like SWAT but unlike in USA, they are required in action almost everyday, in order to fight drug dealers. Action packed, yet have a story line. Watch it.

In the movie, it portrayed how corrupt the system was, from how a man has to bribe in order for his holiday leave to be processed, to how the politicians deal their card. All seems so real, and somehow, so familiar. Brasil was depicted in the movie as a dangerous an unstable place where nothing really works. Every single action has to be 'greased'. Duit kopi.

Yeah, Malaysia is not that bad. However after watching each of the movie with my friends, we ended up discussing the movie which ultimately leads to highlighting the similarities with Malaysia. Will Malaysia has to have a BOPE(special force) too one day? Hopefully not, Nauzubillah.


Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment