However today I read Tun Mahathir's blog.
What I don't like about the blog is the oceans of comments below the post and how the commenters justify themselves while at the same time calling others opinion bullshit. Although not most of the comments are like that, some of them are. Which explains one of the reason I dislike reading those kind of blog.
Anyhow I read yesterday and on Tun's post Malaysian Industries , I found a rather interesting comment(click here for full comment)
There was one even a strange encounter with a GLC in which during our presentation to them about or product, we had to answer so many questions ranging from good ones to really stupid questions. On the next presentation in another GLC, we brought my "Mat Saleh" classmate from the US who was holidaying in Malaysia. He was an accountant by profession and he has no idea whatsoever what engineering was all about let alone our technical product. Yet, as favour to me, he sat down with us and learned about our product and within 2 weeks, he was "our expert and principal" from overseas. Guess what? During our presentation to the GLC, there were hardly any questions from the GLC and "our expert" even said to the GLC officers that if there are any inquiries, please revert the questions to "his local representatives" (that's us by the way, the very people who invented and patented the product) who have been personally trained by him!! This is reality...
Realiti, oh realiti.
It makes me smile, in a sad way, as I read the comment. I guess we are never fully free from this kind of thinking, of adoring the west and overseas. Why a?
Still, if it was a free Nike/Adidas or a free Asadi shoe, which one would you choose?
Disclaimer: I have no means to request the writer's permission to publish his/her comment but since it is on chedet and the blog states that "may reproduce or quote materials published with the condition that they are credited to CHEDET.CC ." So here I credit the quotes above to chedet.cc .
Thank you.
can't help myself smiling while reading this post. :)
ReplyDelete