I'm late but still,I want to write about politics.
Let first go back a few years into my memory.
It was the year 2000 when I was admitted(?) into SBP,SMS Tuanku Syed Putra to be exact.At the beginning of the year there would be an annual cross-country race,thus during the early months of the 1st year,we were to train once a week.A common activity done every year.
However an uncommon thing was at that year there was election to be held for the student's representative.All the students were allowed to vote for these reps.Even the green 1st forms students.
Green as in the context naive.
Because during the cross-country training session,which I was heck slow as a snail,one of the seniors caught up.He said a few advises,like go slow,relax blah2.
And when I reached the check point after time limit,which I should have to pay a pack of Maggi,the senior who ran with me excused me from paying.
See there are peculiarities.
1. there is no seniors in their right mind who would run in a cross-country training.
2. If ever the first peculiarity happens,it would potray a boy running after girls,not with juniors.
3. I was exempted from the Maggi.
4. He dropped his name during the advice/conversation.
5. as I mentioned,the election was to come and he was to contend.
Still,although I was ahnunglos(have no idea) at that time,I made a mental note to vote for him.
Gullible me was convinced by the image projected by the person to the public.Even other seniors(yg ganas2),spoke highly of him,completing the illusions.Only later did I found out it was all so,not saying the senior was good-for-nothing, but his image was a deceit,facade.
So the senior became a representative through my vote(probably).
Later when I was in Form 3,the student representatives was dismissed and prefects were re-introduced.
It didn't change much except there was no election.Aside that that prefects and representatives are the same such as implementing rules that are somehow impossible to abide to.This in turn would cause dissatisfactions,tensions and not to forget cliques.
Aside from that there is uneasiness among the prefects,I remembered,gaining favours with the teachers or taking sides with the students, courting chicks and what-not.
I am sure every reader who have ever been to boarding schools had experienced this.More or less.
And that was in school.
Quite not different from politics eh?
The first phase,as juniors where they knew little, gullible votes are in abundance.
The senior I mentioned before were like politicians,projecting respectful image by the media(peers/other seniors) towards the general public.
As they age,the juniors became seniors.
Or might we say the public involves in politics themselves,observers became the observed?
Each then with their own agenda, be it getting good grades, satisfying peer pressure or even just to borrow the next KOMIK REMAJA.
I would say that the politics and school were similar,the terms intermittently applicable to each other.My opinion that is.So there it is the similarities
But Wait!
The 'punch' line.
As the students all left school after their SPM,all treading new paths,one might meet again and talk about the past.But people doesn't care anymore about what happened.Whether you were rebellious brats or pious snots,those are all things of the pass.
One would look back and say,
"What a dumbass,I was"
"menda la aku buat dlu."
"haish,bongok gla bla pkq2 balik"
When you leave school,all those things don't matter anymore except to crack a few jokes.
So when you leave your live,would politics matter?
Regrets of the silly bickering?
p.s. I hope whatever I wrote somehow got through all those incoherent blabber.
I really hope people who read this get the message because I see and believe some of you who will be politicians in the future,insyaAllah,and may this be of something of use.
kamu berpolitik.sy akan gantung elaun bulanan kamu!
ReplyDelete-mara-
saya sokong dengan MARA!!
ReplyDelete-jpa-
lol
ReplyDeletekeji sial...mara ngan JPA ni. ugutan tuh. huh. haha
ReplyDelete